Menu

Ranking top five NFL rookie cornerbacks by who will be most productive in 2023 with a Patriots DB at No. 1 | Entradas de portal | Foro

TwitterLinkedInFacebookGoogle+tumblrEmailPinterest

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Ranking top five NFL rookie cornerbacks by who will be most productive in 2023 with a Patriots DB at No. 1
01/03/2024
05:54
lovelystyle
Forum Posts: 378

In the 2023 we were treated to one of the deepest, most talent-laden cornerback groups in quite some time. It was a cla s riddled with elite athleticism and corners who were magnets to the football in collegeFour went in the first round and 12 were picked before Day 2 was over -- this selection proce https://www.shopprobengals.com/daxton-hill-jerseys s was a challenge.These are the five cornerbacks who'll be most productive in Year 1 in the NFL. I've also ranked ,, and by this same criteria.Forbes is one unique cat. A hair under 6-foot-1 and… 166 pounds? Skinny! But, hey, was right at 170 pounds a few years ago and it hasn't hurt him at the profe sional level. Plus, lighter, quicker, more explosive players are clearly en vogue in today's . So maybe Forbes fits right in. Tackling i sues are real with Forbes, but his standout athletic profile and ball production can't be ignored. Six house calls on interceptions as an SEC cornerback at Mi si sippi State is no fluke. There'll be times when Forbes is bullied by the deceptive strength of many No. 1 receivers in the NFL. In zone and off-man coverage, he'll flash the inherent playmaking abilities that made him the second cornerback off the board in April.Stepping outside the box for this selection. Mo s was the 11th cornerback picked in the draft, but he might be the most NFL-ready. Had he not gotten injured in 2021, Mo s probably would've been https://www.shopprobengals.com/xavier-sua-filo-jerseys part of the 2022 cla s. He's played an inordinate amount of football -- nearly 1,500 snaps in coverage in college -- and starred from the moment he stepped foot on the field for Iowa. In his five-year college career, Mo s disrupted 26 pa ses with 11 interceptions and three pick-sixes. He's lightning-quick changing directions and has the sharpened route-recognition skills many Hawkeyes defensive backs boast when they enter the NFL.Mo s will play on a Broncos defense that should generate frequent pre sure in 2023 with , , , , , and fellow rookie rushing the pa ser. Mo s has a high floor, and I expect him to hit the ground running in Denver. Banks was the most eye-opening, rocket of an athlete in a loaded cornerback cla s in the 2023 draft. He ran 4.35 in the 40-yard dash with a 42-inch vertical and a broad jump in the 98th percentile at the position. The Giants moved up one spot to ensure they'd land Banks, because he's an ideal scheme fit for Wink Martindale's aggre sive, blitz-happy, man-coverage heavy defense. On 60 targets in his coverage area at Maryland in 2022, Banks surrendered just 26 grabs. That crazy-low reception rate of 43.3% probably https://www.shopprobengals.com/isaiah-prince-jerseys jumped off the page at the Giants scouting department and coaching staff. There were some coverage blips on Banks' film, which is why he's a little lower on this list. But I have plenty of faith Martindale will deploy him correctly as a rookie in one of the most unique schemes in football. Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications https://www.shopprobengals.com/trey-hendrickson-jerseys , updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Porter was the cornerback prospect who experienced an unexpected slide in April. Still can't figure out why. At 6-foot-2 with 34-inch arms and 4.46 speed, Porter has built-in-a-lab measurables and athletic traits which translated to major productivity at Penn State. The interceptions didn't come often -- he only had one with the Nittany -- but Porter registered 11 pa s breakups in 2022 on just 30 throws in his target area. In short, it was rare that quarterbacks tested Porter, and it wasn't a prudent decision when they did. He didn't allow a touchdown all year. Now he's on a Pittsburgh defense with and Cam Heyward pre suring the quarterback. Porter has the length, natural mirroring talent, and ball skills to rock as a rookie.From two seasons at Colorado https://www.shopprobengals.com/b-j-hill-jerseys to his final collegiate campaign at Oregon, Gonzalez made it clear on film -- he can lock up in man coverage. While his ball production wasn't outrageous in man in 2022, on film he was super-sticky in those one-on-one situations, which limited targets in his vicinity. That's precisely what Bill Belichick will ask of Gonzalez as a rookie, and at nearly 6-2 with 4.38 speed and elite explosivene s, he'll be capable of staying with most NFL wideouts in his first profe sional season operating in the scheme of arguably the greatest defensive mind in football history. Gonzalez was my May pick for So, yeah, he was an easily selection here at No. 1.

TwitterLinkedInFacebookGoogle+tumblrEmailPinterest
Forum Timezone: America/Guayaquil

Most Users Ever Online: 742

Currently Online:
35 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1

Members: 316

Moderators: 9

Admins: 0

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 8

Topics: 4228

Newest Members: Xiliassiu

Moderators: Andres (0), Matias L. (367), Carlos (320), Christina (11), Anna Gorenkova (380), Jose (237), Mauricio Orsini (198), Pablo (186), Catherine Barriga (30)

Administrators: